Sandler Partners, one of the largest master agencies in the telecommunications brokerage and consulting industry, is seeking applicants for the open positions listed below. We are a dynamic, high growth, innovation focused Company who for the last 10 years in a row has been consistently included on the annual Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies. We deliver best-in-class telecom, cloud, mobility and continuity solutions from over 200 suppliers through a network of more than 9,000 sales partners to thousands of small, medium and enterprise organizations nationwide.
Because our extraordinary rate of growth is based on delivering the highest levels of service and support, careers at Sandler Partners are challenging and rewarding. We're always on the lookout for strong team members that can both collaborate in groups and problem-solve independently. Our ideal applicant is software savvy, has a positive outlook, performs well under pressure and strives for excellence. If you're interested in joining our dynamic team, send us your resume.
New Job Posting: Attorney - Contracts & Agreements
The Contracts & Agreements Attorney is responsible for managing the preparation, negotiation, and execution of a variety of agreements and contracts on behalf of the Company with a primary focus on Supplier and Partner agreements. This position reports directly to the Managing Partner. The Company is headquartered in Redondo Beach, California. This position has the flexibility to be local or remotely based.
- Prepare and administer contracts to fit a variety of needs that assist with facilitating business operations with a specific focus on Supplier and Partner agreements to include preparation, redlines, creating a library of addendum, addressing issues with recruiters, updates and modifications to agreements and terms and conditions. Negotiate agreements based on Corporate standards with new and existing Suppliers ensuring the best possible terms. Advise management on agreement language, negotiate/facilitate requests to change standardized contract terms, and advise on potential impacts of new or changing terms.
- Review and may negotiate other existing and new contracts on behalf of the business to include insurance contract review, buildings, landlord tenant, E&O, etc. Ensure that agreements are current and incorporate the Company’s policies/practices.
- Ensure Company contracts comply with all Federal and State regulations. Research new contract laws and ensure internal compliance. Advise management on new laws and/or other matters related to legal compliance and/or risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with leadership, Partner Services, Sales, and outside counsel as appropriate to advise on contract changes/terms and ensure internal alignment on final contracts. Work closely internal team members to ensure that the agreement process is effectively expedited while ensuring adherence to Company established KPIs, goals and standards.
- As appropriate, provide training and advice to Partner Services, Sales Administration, and others on contract processes.
- Coordinate other legal needs with outside counsel as appropriate. May act as a centralized point of contact and administration for legal matters related to Sandler Partners’ business.
- As needed, may provide support on contract work related to due diligence, M&A, and other Corporate transactions.
- Other related duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution required.
- Current State bar certification required.
- Minimum one-year experience practicing contract law with demonstrated experience drafting a variety of legal agreements and documents.
- Thorough understanding, experience, and expertise in contract law. Additional knowledge or expertise in Corporate law and M&A helpful, but not required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication combined with exceptional negotiation and writing skills.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- High level of integrity and discretion with an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to effectively manage and prioritize a large workload.
- Must be detail, process, and quality oriented. Possess strong organizational skills including excellent problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be motivated by working in a high energy sales environment with the ability to do independent as well as team planning and goal setting.
- Needs well developed skills in Microsoft Office and other Windows-based or Mac computer applications.
- Must be able to comfortably interface with senior management and ownership on a regular basis, maintaining good judgment and exercising integrity and discretion in handling very sensitive and confidential financial and operational information.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex contract laws to team members and others in everyday language.
- Must be able to keep calm and perform in high pressure atmosphere.
This position can be either remotely based or located in a regular office environment.
This is an exempt position.