We manage your cloud, so you can manage your business:
Lots of companies will rent you access to their raw computing infrastructure. But your cloud doesn't operate on infrastructure alone. It takes a wide variety of specialized engineering skills to architect and manage not only the infrastructure, but also the many complex tools and applications that run on top of it, including the latest data engines and ecommerce platforms. With other providers, that's your responsibility. But we do things differently at Rackspace.
We are the number one managed cloud company. Everything we offer is managed. That's because we believe:
Uptime and redundancy are shared responsibilities, rather than a burden for the customer alone.
Economies of scale are nice—but economies of expertise are even more valuable. The highest performance and cost-efficiency come when you combine infrastructure with specialized expertise and the exceptional customer service that we call Fanatical Support®.
Every customer should have easy access to engineers—by phone, chat, or email, 24x7x365—to help with planning, architecting, building, and operations.
Most big providers offer only multi-tenant public cloud. They argue that one size fits all. We disagree. We think you deserve the best fit for your unique IT needs, across multi-tenant and single-tenant platforms, in your data center or ours. That’s what you get from Rackspace, a leader in hybrid cloud solutions.
We back our managed cloud with an industry-leading 100% Network Uptime Guarantee. Our approach is designed to keep you up and running fast and lean—so you can focus on hiring only the engineers who will differentiate your business.
Industry leadership & expertise:
Our leadership in the managed cloud has been recognized by industry analysts and some of the biggest, most demanding customers on the planet. Our accolades include:
- #1 hosting provider for the Internet Retailer Top 1,000 ecommerce websites (for the third consecutive year)
- #1 in hosting Magento® Enterprise Edition
- #1 in hosted Microsoft® SharePoint® deployments
- #1 in hosting OpenStack® private clouds
- The leader in hybrid cloud solutions, creating best-fit, specialized solutions
- Founder, alongside NASA, of OpenStack, and operator of the largest OpenStack public cloud
- A leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America and Europe 2015
- 165+ Cisco certifications, including 122 CCNAs and 44 CCNPs
- 200+ Microsoft certifications, including MCITPs, MCSAs, MCSEs, and MCTSs
- 160+ RedHat certifications, including RHCEs, RHCSAs, and RHCAs
- 149+ VMware certifications, including 83+ VCPs, VCAPs, and vExperts
Company solution providers, standards, and certifications:
- Microsoft®: Four-time Microsoft hosting partner of the year.
- VMware®: Premier Tier Partner in the VMware vCloud® Air™ Network
- VMware® Hybrid Cloud Powered
- Red Hat® Premier Hosting Partner
- MySQL Certified Hosting Partner
- Microsoft Gold Certified
- ISO 27001:2005 Certified
- Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) Service Provider
- SSAE16 Type II SOC1, SOC2 (Security and Availability Only), and SOC3
- Safe Harbor Certified
- CDSA Content Protection and Security Standard Certified
Gartner Magic Quadrant:
Every year, Gartner evaluates hosting providers according to completeness of vision and ability to execute. We have been positioned as a leaderin the 2015 Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America 3 years in a row. We have also been positioned as a leaderin the 2015 Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, Europe.